Earth Romancer is a frenetic and complex platform fighter that combines intense bullet-hell gameplay with robust combo systems for a unique experience. Set to a JRPG aesthetic and a fantastic orchestral score, Earth Romancer aims to be an unlikely combination of spectacle and intricacy aiming to shake up the landscape of competitive fighters.
“As a designer I’ve taken inspiration from every competitive fighting game I’ve ever played. From Melty Blood to Marvel vs. Capcom, you can bet Earth Romancer will be fun for any type of player,” describes Thomas Luvan, lead developer for the game. “We’re combining the pick-up-and-play aspect of platform brawlers with the high-flying spectacle and flashy goodness from traditional fighters! We’re also making sure the game keeps a vibrant aesthetic. Everything from the characters to the soundtrack have deep inspirations from old-school surreal platformers and classic fantasy RPGs.”
Taking inspiration from Smash Bros. and Marvel vs. Capcom, Earth Romancer has a vibrant, JRPG aesthetic and features two modes of fighting for every character. From hyperspace roads to wandering terraformers, Lunar Hare Studios will merge sci-fi and fantasy concepts to create an inspiring canvas for years to come. Help them create a world that ignites the imagination of players everywhere. Features include:
- Dash or jump through projectiles for intense bullet-hell style fighting!
- Spawn stage additions upon losing stocks to adjust the environment to your advantage!
- Character-specific air actions make sure every character moves in a unique way.
- Two modes of play! Choose Redshift or Blueshift modes or play a combination of both and switch mid-combat.
- Special 2/3 and 3/5 set modes make counterpicking stages and characters a breeze.
Earth Romancer will ship on PC and consoles and will be tournament ready upon release. You can now pre-order the game, purchase reward bundles, or invest in Fig securities that earn a return based on the game’s future sales – check out the campaign page for more info!